Don’t panic when your laptop has no sound. Audio issue is not uncommon on Windows 10, yet there are several ways that you can do to fix the problem. Even if you are not a computer geek, fixing sound problem on Windows 10 is quite simple.
Audio issues can be tricky but nobody says that you cannot solve the problem. With the following methods, you can enjoy video streaming or games with undisturbed audio. Keep scrolling!
Easy Ways to Solve Audio Problems on Windows 10
These methods begin with the easiest and move to the most technical. As long as you follow the instructions, you won’t find difficulties in getting through the problem. Here are several ways to bring back your audio.
1. Check Speaker Status
The most basic method to solve audio issue is by checking your speaker status. Perhaps you intentionally press mute button so that the laptop doesn’t emit sound. It could be very embarrassing, yet it often happens.
Verify that your laptop is not muted by pressing the volume button. You can also turn a slider to raise the volume. If everything is fine and your laptop still has no sound, jump to the second method.
2. Try Using Headphones
The next alternative to fix audio issue on Windows 10 is doing a check with headphones. Try plugging headphones or external speakers and see the result. If you can hear the sound, the problem might come from the hardware or built-in speakers.
If you are a beginner, it is not suggested to repair the speaker on your own. Try to call a technician or professional to help you fix the problem.
3. Run Troubleshooter
As recommended by Androidally.com, you might need to run troubleshooter to fix audio issues. Windows 10 comes with a built-in troubleshooter that allows you to scan the system and offers fixes for different issues, including audio troubles.
Follow these steps to run troubleshooter on Windows 10:
- Click the search icon on your taskbar and type Audio in the provided field.
- In the results, choose Find and Fix Problems with Playing Sound.
- You should see a troubleshooter window pop up. Click next and wait for the system to detect problems.
- Follow the next directions on the display.
In some cases, troubleshooting doesn’t work to solve the problem. When this happens, you might need to jump to the next method.
4. Reboot Audio Services
Another solution to fix audio issues on Windows 10 is by rebooting audio services. This might sound technical but you can do it without the help of a professional. Simply follow step-by-step instructions below:
- Click the search icon and type Services in the search field.
- Once you see the result, choose Services.
- Now you have opened the Services window. Next, you need to restart 3 services: Windows Audio, Remote Procedure Call, and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder.
- Click to select and open each service. Select Restart option.
- If you see the Restart option is grey, you might need to select Refresh option first.
After restarting the services, your computer audio should be fixed. But when it doesn’t work, you still have the last alternative.
5. Update the Driver
Updating audio driver can be your last option to fix audio issues. You can update driver in two different ways: using pre-installed applications and performing manual update through the Device Manager.
In case your computer doesn’t come with pre-installed app, do the following steps:
- Type Device Manager in the search field and click the result.
- Click Sound, video and game controllers.
- Right click on the primary audio device and choose update driver software.
Those are 5 different ways to fix audio issues on your Windows 10. Begin with the simplest to the most technical methods and figure out which solution works on your device.